- Android SDK (version 12 or later)
- Android NDK (r7 or later)
- Minimum API level support by SDL is 10 (Android 2.3.3), requested API level from project.properties is 14 (Android 4.0)
- CPUs supported for native shared libraries are currently armeabi and x86. This can be changed in jni/Application.mk.
Building and Running AndroWish
- Refresh the project settings using the android command from Android SDK: android update project
- Review local.properties to point to the directory where the Android SDK resides.
- Use ant to build AndroWish from scratch: ant debug. This includes building the C libraries using Android NDK. That step can be performed separately by running ndk-build in the jni directory or by invoking ant ndk-build
- The resulting Android APK is built to bin/AndroWish-debug.apk which can be installed onto a device or emulator using adb install -r bin/AndroWish-debug.apk.
- Start AndroWish on device or emulator using adb from the development system: adb shell am start tk.tcl.wish/.AndroWishLauncher.
- Clean the build tree with ant clean.